Location: St. Cloud, MN
Schedule: M – F, 6:50 AM to 3:30 PM
Hours may vary and overtime may be necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
The Shredder Operator is responsible for performing general labor tasks, meeting production goals and working around heavy equipment that physically shreds used electronic equipment, safely and efficiently. The Shred Room is a crucial piece to IRT’s business as it is the last step before sending material for refining.
Employees in the shred room should be comfortable with required hearing protection and recommended filtrated dust mask. All IRT warehouse employees are required to wear steel toe boots/shoes, safety vest, gloves and eye protection.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to to the following:
- Work with team members to meet production quota of shredded material
- Ensure proper operation of shred room equipment and dust collectors; report any issues to department lead
- Remove any customer labels on any gaylord boxes or bags
- Break down boxes and stack pallets as necessary
- Ensure material entering shredder does not contain contaminants such as batteries or mercury containing equipment
- May be required to safely perform forklift duties; IRT forklift certification is provided to all forklift operators
- Complete required worksheets and paperwork
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Regular, predictable attendance
Summary of Experience and Education
- H.S. education or GED preferred
- At least 1 year working in industrial setting; recycling industry experience preferred but not required
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Forklift Driver Certification, dependent on verification
- Valid state issued driver’s license preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to drive and/or operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck and pallet jack.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Ability to hit deadlines in a high energy fast paced environment
- Take initiative, effective communication and leadership skills
IRT offers a comprehensive benefit package including;
· HSA – with company match
· 401(k) – with company match
· Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
· Voluntary Life Insurance
· Voluntary Vision Benefit
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Holiday Pay
If presented, employment offers will be contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check.