Schedule: M – F, First Shift
Hours may vary and overtime may be necessary.
Reports To: ITAD Manager
Job Type: Full-time
The laboratory technician can expect to work as an integral part of the lab team and may be responsible for retrieving, weighing, and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during chemical processes, and repairing machinery if problems arise, recording information about equipment and compounds, and assisting in the planning and improvement of processes.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to to the following:
- Repairing, maintaining, and calibrating refining equipment
- Ensures equipment and areas are clean, organized, and maintained in a state of audit-readiness at all times.
- Participates and promotes continuous improvement efforts within functions and operations.
- Testing raw materials and finished products according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage appropriate paperwork related to testing, calibration, etc.
- Keep workspaces in a clean and orderly fashion
- Perform other duties as directed including assisting in other areas
Education and Qualifications Minimum
• H.S. Diploma or GED
•Background in science is preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Operate refining equipment: i.e. ring and puck mill, furnaces, scrubber/evaporator system.
- Uses Company processes and technology to improve the quality and efficiency of Quality processes; follows processes as described, applies training effectively.
- Can maintain and grow technical knowledge and expertise. Can be accurate, precise, and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to hit deadlines in a high energy fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication (both orally and in writing) and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, and adaptable.
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Has a “working” knowledge of personal computer operation. Is proficient at Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Must be clean-shaven.
IRT offers a comprehensive benefit package including;
· HSA – with company match
· 401(k) – with company match
· Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
· Voluntary Life Insurance
· Voluntary Vision Benefit
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Holiday Pay
If presented, employment offers will be contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check.