Location: St. Cloud, MN
Schedule: M – F, First Shift (6:50 AM to 3:30 PM)
Hours may vary and overtime may be necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Manual loading and unloading of freight with the use of a pallet jack, hand truck or forklift, general labor, and warehouse maintenance. Take full charge of the assigned receiving area. Know the proper location and receiving process for all accounts. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to to the following:
- Receive cargo from incoming trucks by removing from truck by hand, or by using manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack, or by using forklift.
- Store containers in their proper locations
- Verify and note the count and condition of cargo received, knowing when to either refuse or accept with notation.
- Record receipts to appropriate forms and/or log books.
- Verify that proper documentation is attached.
- Sort cargo received by account or intended location, and store in proper location.
- Accurately label freight to destination.
- Perform forklift duties and learn to containerize basic loads.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
Summary of Experience and Education
- H.S. education or GED required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of sit down, propane powered forklift experience; must be experienced and comfortable with double stacking containers
- Minimum of 3+ years working an industrial setting; recycling industry experience is a plus!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive and/or operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck and pallet jack.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Consistently at work and on time and able to work overtime if necessary.
- Ability to hit deadlines in a high energy fast paced environment
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Forklift Driver Certification, dependent on verification
- Valid state issued driver’s license preferred
All warehouse employees are required to wear steel toe boots/shoes; steel toe boots/shoes are not provided by the company. New employees may be eligible for reimbursement. Other required PPE is provided by IRT (safety vest, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, etc.)
IRT offers a comprehensive benefit package including;
· HSA – with company match
· 401(k) – with company match
· Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
· Voluntary Life Insurance
· Voluntary Vision Benefit
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Holiday Pay
If presented, employment offers will be contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check.